Former Troy Police Officer indicted on multiple sex crimes against a child | Crime
TROY, AL (WSFA) - A recently retired Troy Police Officer has been arrested for multiple sex crimes against a child under the age of 12.
According to Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange's office, 61-year-old Willie Toney was arrested this afternoon by agents of the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and the Pike County Sheriff's Office.
Toney was indicted by a Pike County grand jury today on charges of one count of first-degree rape, two counts of first degree sodomy, and two counts of first degree sexual abuse - all crimes were allegedly committed against a child victim under the age of 12.
If convicted, Toney faces a maximum penalty of life imprisonment for each count of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy, which are class A felonies, and up to 20 years for each count of first-degree sexual abuse, which is a class B felony.
Toney is currently incarcerated at the Pike County Jail. No mug shot was immediately available.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery