Two dead in Pike County following Sunday night shooting | Crime
PIKE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - Two people are dead following a shooting in the Pike County community of Tarentum on Sunday night.
The shooting took place at around 7:30 p.m. at a home on Hwy 125.
When deputies arrived on the scene, they found one man dead inside the home and another man dead about ten feet from the road.
Pike County Sheriff Russell Thomas tells WSFA 12 News that Adrian Cornelilius McClendon kicked in the door of the home and opened fire.
The victim, Terrence Terelle Casrel came out of a room and fired back, hitting the suspect. Casrel sustained two gunshot wounds and died in the hallway.
McClendon ran out of the house and collapsed. He sustained two gunshot wounds and died near the roadway.
There were three other people inside the home at the time of the incident. None were injured.
A motive has not been determined at this time as officials continue their investigation into the shooting.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March