Arrest made in Troy rape cases | News
TROY, AL (WSFA)- A month after the city of Troy was put on edge by two sexual assaults at the same mobile home park, as well as an armed robbery, police say they've made a breaking in the case.
Late Wednesday evening, investigators arrested and charged 35-year-old Andre Lamon Ellis in connection to the rapes at Hunter's Mountain Mobile Home Park, according to Police Chief Jimmy Ennis. The rapes occurred within hours of each other on March 26.
While being escorted into the Pike County Jail, Ellis said "The city of Troy is making a great mistake." It was not immediately known if the man had legal representation.
Ellis is charged with two counts of rape in the first degree and one count of burglary in the second degree. His bond is set at $450,000 ($250K per rape charge and $50K for the burglary charge).
Authorities say Ellis was also taken into custody on failure to appear in court in connection with a theft case. He has no bond in connection with that case.
The case is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.RELATED STORIES
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery