Ambulance accident caused by tire blow-out | News
PIKE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - Alabama State Troopers say a tire blow-out caused an ambulance to overturn on U.S. 231 in Pike County on Thursday.
The accident involved a Pilcher's Ambulance out of Dothan.
Authorities say originally three injuries were reported, however only two people in the vehicle were injured.
The on-board nurse suffered facial lacerations. The medic on-board suffered some bruising. The pregnant female passenger in the ambulance at the time of the accident suffered no additional injuries from the crash. She was transported to a Montgomery hospital for precaution and evaluation.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery