1 arrested following Goshen H.S. football fight | News
GOSHEN, AL (WSFA)- The Pike County Sheriff's office is confirming that one person has been arrested and charged following last week's fight among Goshen High School football coaches, players and parents.
Jason Larenzo Simmons, a parent of two players, was taken into custody and charged with assault in the second degree. That's a Class B felony.
Investigator Troy Johnson with the sheriff's department said Simmons was arrested under the code of assaulting a sports official or teacher.
The fight apparently started after one football player was detained another and coaches stepped in to bring the situation under control. A parent then became involved in the situation and a coach was injured. The injuries were not serious, but an investigation was called anyway.
Simmons was released after posting a $5,000 bond. A court date was not immediately known.
Johnson says more arrests are expected, though specific details were not given.
The Alabama High School Athletic Association is not involved in the investigation.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March