Omelet order assault caught on camera | News
WARNING: Footage and attached audio are graphic.
TROY, AL (WSFA) - A Luverne woman didn't find the hospitality 'Under the Yellow Sign' up to her standards at a Troy Waffle House location. When her omelet wasn't served fast enough, she became agitated and started throwing items on the counter at the restaurant staff at the Waffle House north location on U.S. 231.
According to the Troy Police Department, 21-year-old Luverne resident Erika Raynell Chambers was arrested at approximately 4 a.m. on Sunday, September 9 for assault third degree in connection with an incident caught on camera.
Kelsey Wilkes captured the incident on video with her camera phone and posted the video to YouTube.
"Girl went crazy because she didn't have her omelet right then and there. It's a Saturday night in a college town and everyone's drunk.. It is gonna be busy! At least the cops showed up in time." said Wilkes on her YouTube page.
Chambers is seen in the video becoming angry and throwing ketchup and hot sauce bottles at the restaurant's staff before stepping behind the counter herself. Several restaurant patrons observed the entire episode.
A lamp was broken during the incident and one Waffle House employee was transported by ambulance for medical care after they hit their head during the fight.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery