Limited road construction and lane closures Thanksgiving weekend | News
Highway travel during the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday is expected to be heavy in Alabama during the three-day holiday weekend and as the college football season continues. The Alabama Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive safely in their travels.
As an added precaution during the heavily traveled holiday, ALDOT announced today there would be no temporary lane closures on Alabama interstates after 12 noon, Wednesday, Nov. 21, through midnight, Sunday, Nov. 25.
For the safety of the traveling public, construction industry workers and maintenance crews, roadwork will be limited during this busy holiday period. Throughout the year, ALDOT limits road construction during major holiday weekends. However, emergency lane closures may be possible dependant on specific circumstances on interstates and other state roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Source: Alabama Department of Transportation
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March