82-year-old killed in Brundidge house fire | News
BRUNDIDGE, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a fatal fire that claimed the life of an elderly Pike County man.
Authorities say the fire occurred shortly before midnight at 523 County Road 4423. That's in Hamilton's Cross Roads in South Pike County near Brundidge.
The Hamilton's Cross Roads Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call.
The victim was later identified as 82-year-old Thomas Floyd Senn.
The cause of the blaze was not immediately known. An investigation is under way.
Monday night saw three fatal house fires across Alabama. In addition to the Pike County fire, Investigators are working a Dothan fire that killed 2 children and injured 3 adults as well as a Jackson County fire that claimed the life of a 77-year-old man.
Each of these cases remains under investigation.
Top Troy Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery